We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Pasta types
These flat and round shaped gnocchi, made with semolina instead of potato, are delicious and must be served super hot! Once tried, you will be addicted to them!
1 person made this
- 1L milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 250g semolina
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 spoon Parmesan cheese
- 5 knobs of butter
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:35min
- Combine the milk and salt. Bring to the boil. Pour in the semolina gradually and stir for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Add the yolks, the nutmeg and the cheese to the milk mixture. Stir well.
- Pour the mixture onto a wet baking tray or swiss roll tin and level with a rolling pin to a thickness of 2cm.
- Using a 2 to 3 inch round cutter, or the bottom of a glass, cut round disks out of the mixture. Dip the cutter in cold water to prevent sticking.
- Place gnocchi in a baking pan greased with butter. Scatter the knobs of butter over top.
- Bake at 200 C / Gas 6 for 7 to 8 minutes, then grill for another 7 to 8 minutes and serve.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(2)
Reviews in English (1)
Delicious with just one caveat.....I have not made gnocchi for years and i had a hard time making them look nice. Recipe was wonderful though. Thanks for sharing-15 Sep 2012